Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Musee Dauphinois

Today was a bit different at school because instead of having morning classes, we had afternoon classes and in the morning we went to the Musee Dauphinois. It was pretty interesting. It was about the history of the people that live here, the ones who lived in the mountains. So it was interesting to hear how they lived and how isolated they were. They made everything for themselves and didn't rely on money. For example, once a year they had a celebration where they would make bread for the entire village for the entire year. Then we had class, so it was a long day of school.






This is some of my class at the museum. (My teacher is the one with the orange coat in the middle)








Because the Grenoblois of the past who lived in the mountains only made bread once a year, by the end of the year it would be really hard so they had to smash it with this. Either that or they would grate the bread.





I came home right after school because its just so cold out...everybody except three other people have left for Italy for the next ten days, so nobodys around, and normally after class I go to centre ville to explore, shop, sit at a cafe, but its too cold to wander around today. I have a pretty good amount of homework anyway. The weird thing is, its been snowing all day, but there is no snow on the ground...I can't figure that out. There isn't as much snow falling at one time but it has been snowing pretty much all day.


I had really good discussions with Nathalie tonight, I got a lot of talking and conversation in so thats good. We had a tart with spinach and goat cheese, and it was REALLY good. I didn't think that I liked either of these things but when baked together and put on a buttery crust it is really good : )


Well thats all!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brittan - interesting day. I want to trade places with you. Only thing is that I would miss Jeff and the girls alot. How fun for you. Can you imagine eating one year old bread? Tonight we had WAVE at church. It is a kid thing and Jeff and I go to a bible study. Jeff skipped to go to the Iowa game with his dad. They actually won if you can believe that. It is going to be negitive 5 tonight. It was SUPER sunny all day even though it was SO cold. I needed the sun. It was SO nice. When I left work at 5:30 it was actually still light outside. I cannot wait until daylight savings. I did not know it was winter where you are. Jeff is taking me somewhere for Valentines on Saturday night. It is a surprise. I have no clue what we are doing. I am looking forward to it. Miss you. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittan. I miss you here. Today I had to go to school, I was hoping for another snow day, or at least a late start. But no such luck!!
    Tonight mom made yummy rice krispie roll ups...I ate two - one for me and one for you.
    Then we had steak and potatoes for dinner!! Yummm. Now we are watching Law and Order SVU. I know you like that show. But earlier we were watching the Iowa game. They won. GO HAWKS! Okay, well it's 9:38 here so I'll go start to get ready for bed. Love you. See you in 4 weeks and 3 days!

    ReplyDelete