Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Mardi

Hello! Well today was pretty uneventful, but I'm just glad I'm getting into a routine. I didn't have class until 12:30, so by the time I was done with a class, I discussed a trip to Lyon with a friend for a while, and then I started back on the tram for dinner. I had to warm up my dinner since Nathalie went out with a friend. I had au gratin potatoes though and they were amazing. They come from this region...this is straight from the internet:
Here is a very yummy potato gratin called "gratin dauphinois", very famous in the Grenoble region where it comes from (an hour east of Lyon, at the foot of the Alps).


Today's class was challening but good. We spent most of the time discussing what "le bonheur" (happiness) is, and read some philosopher's view on what happiness is... Tomorrow for class we are going to the Musee Dauphinois which is a museum about archeology, history, and some decorative arts. I think its tucked up in the mountain so I will get a good walk in. I've heard a lot of good things about that museum.


Tonight I'm going to do my homework which should take me a while and do some research into getting my family train tickets to and from Paris when they come!

Heres a picture of my room

2 comments:

  1. au gratin potatoes?? I thought you were having ham steak..or something that was white? Did it turn out ok? You didn't burn the house down did you? It's cute that you text me from France to ask me how long to cook your meat..I guess you'll always need me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brit - snow day for the girls. I sent them off to the neighbors for the day. She is a God send. They came home with all her junk though. I wanted to call her and yell at her, but I couldn't do that, but I wanted to! I hope it is done snowing now. Tonight I made homeade pizza and we had a pizza party in the living room and watched American Idol. Ellen is the new judge. I love her. It was good. I have a tererible sore throat so I am going to go to bed. I had no idea that you were going to be gone so long. I thought you were just gone like a month. I sure hope I dont slip up and forget to post to you some day since I said I would. Do you even get these and do they bore you to death. Miss you...I think you mom is losing it. How could ham steak be white??

    ReplyDelete