Monday, February 8, 2010

Hello from Grenoble!

Grenoble, and la telepherique



Well today was a really good day! I went to school this morning and had a good class. I got back two of the short papers I had written and got pretty good grades on them so that made me very happy! For homework I have to correct them and rewrite them. Then I went to sign up for the CUEF (my school) trip to Nice and to go snowshoeing in the mountains. I am very excited, the Nice trip will be during the Carnival. We will be staying in Nice then having excursions to the musee Picasso in Antibes, the oceanography museum in Monaco (its right on the Mediterranean Sea) and to Cannes and maybe other places. I am also going alone, nobody from my AIFS group is going. I think that will be good though I will be able to meet others from the school and that will make me talk in French more, because students are international so that will be our common language.

I also had to go to the media room and watch a movie for class. "Le Bonheur", not bad, very artistic, but really weird story. It was good that I watched it though and I was happy because I could really understad it!

Also, it was a very nice day and a girl from my program's birthday so we went to the cafe, I ate a gauffre with Nutella and bananas (waffle with nutella and banana) SOOOOO goood. Then we walked around the river while the sun came down, it was really pretty. Tonight, I think we're going out to a cafe for her birthday as well.



I'm going in reverse order, yesterday i went to the Museum of Grenoble. It was good although it took me a long time because it was huuugge. I saw works from Monet (which was my favorite), Vangogh, Matisse, Andy Warhol, and some good other stuff. They had a lot of old stuff, and they had a lot of modern pop art stuff-which I do not like at all. I could have done most of it myself...thats just my opinion though.


Le musee de Grenoble
Have to go eat dinner now, bon soir!

2 comments:

  1. Watch it there, your history major boyfriend happens to study that "old stuff" Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you doing all this stuff on your own. I would be totally talking to myself all the time. Do you do that? More snow today. If that changes I will let you know. It is not very likly. Tonight my meeting was cancelled so we are all home. It is kind of nice. The girls and I are going to paint our nails. It should be fun. Do you watch much TV there?

    ReplyDelete