Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday

Well today I am very tired! It has been a lot to take on in a week.

Today after class I went to a presentation (required for class) about the French maker Agnes Verda and her film, Le bonheur. This is an older movie but is showing right now because of a film festival that is going on that only happens once every two years. It was semi interesting, and then after class everybody went to watch the movie in a movie theater type place. I could not go to this though because I had a group meeting to go to La Bastille at the top of the mountain. However, it was pouring rain all day and we wouldn't have been able to see anything. So instead we went to a museum. It was a museum that that was built around some ruins 20 years ago that were found when they were digging for the trams. So it had the original wall and some other things that were found as well as some pictures that came from Grenoble a long time ago. Kind of interesting- a lot of rocks. Afterwards of course we went to a cafe-as the French do- and sat around for a couple hours talking.

Since I missed the movie, on Monday I will have to watch it in the media room at school. Its a nice school, although it doens't have the nicest buildings or anything. What is interesting to me though is that almost every classroom I've been in has a SMARTboard. They are up on their technology here.

Tomorrow I'm going ice skating with my host family, and then we are going to the movie Sherlock Holmes. I want to see that movie-but its in French so we'll see how it goes.

Monday I am going to sign up for a trip to snowshoe in a little mountain town-I'm very excited about that. I'm also going to sign up for a trip to Nice which is February 14-18. Hopefully there will be enough room. I will have to miss three days of class, but I'm in Europe and want to travel. Nice is a city in the south, and it has beaches and many people vacation there, but maybe not during the winter as much because its cold!

Tonight I may be going to a kareoke pub so we'll see how that goes!

3 comments:

  1. That is interesting, you should ask Max if all the elementary schools and/or high schools have SMARTboards too - or if it's just a college thing there? Honestly, I think we are just behind. I think Michelle said her elementary school has them. Make sure you try to sign up for Nice tomorrow - I'd hate for you to miss that. Did you know its the largest city in the French Riviera with a population of over 347,060. It looks huge and is known for beaches, resorts, yachts, and 300 days of sunshine a year!! Why are we not going there when we come to France?? Anyway - make sure you get signed up, it would be incredible to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brit - I love this. You write just like you are sitting here talking to me. I am so proud of you to be just going and trying all of these things. That is AWESOME! Regarding SMARTboards. That is very cool that they have them there. Many colleges in Iowa do not even have them yet. We do alot of technology projects in my job (really thats all I do I guess) anyway, if we come across a school or college with a SMARTboard, it is actually a really big deal. Around here, many schools can get them by way of grants if they have good people to help write those grants. But, the problem is that they get them and then they dont have enough other "good" technology to be able to use them right. Jacy had a ball game tonight. Only 1 basket but they were all over her. She did great. Then she went to a sleep and me and Ava are watching Wizards of Waverly Place right now. She has a birthday party and a play date tomorrow. Sometimes weekends are busier then weekdays. Ok, have fun at the pub! Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think we should go to nice when we come visit you in march.

    ReplyDelete