Friday, February 26, 2010

Finally Friday!

Well today was a good week, but it was tiring because of school. I'm glad it is over and next week a new session of classes begins.

Yesterday I went to the debate in English, and it was pretty interesting. It was a good time, wasn't too serious, just students practicing their English. Then we went out to dinner afterward. In France dinners take a long time, we got to the restaurant at about 9:00 pm and I got back just before midnight.

Today was a really fun day of class, it was the last day and the grades were already given, so while we learned we also just talked about interesting things. The Chinese and Mongolian students gave us a little lesson on how to write in their language- very interesting! Also, the girl from Spain made a cake. After class, I went to a discount sporting goods store and bought a pair of boots for snow shoeing on Sunday, which I am doing with the CUEF (my school). I'm really really hoping that we will get to go, but the forecast says its going to rain all day, so we'll see. Tomorrow, for a half a day I'm going skiing with some friends, I'm really excited! Were meeting this afternoon to plan...it should be fun! I have to go soon, because even though skiing season goes into spring here, the snow starts melting on the lower mountains and then you have to go up higher where its icy, only for the good skiers. Hopefully if I enjoy myself I will get the chance to go next weekend as well.

Thats all, I'm looking forward to the weekend.
Miss you all!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry babe, that just does not sound fun! Have I not passed down my hatred for skiing to you? The snow shoeing sounds like a blast, and good workout! I hope the weather holds out and you get to go. Lets skype later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salut, Brittan

    J'ai lu le websites que tu as envoyé à ta mère. Je veux manger à Pèr Gras. Je voudrais du foie gras, du pain et du vin, d'abord. J'espére que tu peux skier ce week-end et le week-end prochain.

    À bientôt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Brittan - sounds like a busy week for you. I hope your like your next class too. Tonight Jacy had a basketball game and Grandma and Cathy came to watch. She didnt make any baskets but she did a great job. Did I tell you Jeff's grandma passed away? We have to go to her funeral next week Thursday. Last night we took the girls to the Iowa Hawkeye's Women's game. They won and it was very fun. I am really tired from being gone this week for work. I am going to go read for a while and then off to bed. Jeff is taking the girls to a playdate tomorrow and frankly I have NO CLUE what to do with myself alone. Maybe I will go shop. I dont like to shop though??? Miss you.

    ReplyDelete