Wednesday, March 24, 2010

finally

It has been a long time, but we didn't have internet acces much last week and I have been busy this week trying to catch up on homework and regular life again. Yesterday I had a presentation and a test so I feel better about school now that those things are over...

Me and my family (mom, dad, sister, brother, grandma, and great-aunt) all had a WONDERFUL time when they came to visit. Brief summary: We went to Paris, stayed near the Eiffel Tower. We visited Versailles, climbed to the top of Notre Dame, saw Saint Chappelle, visited the archeological crypte, many other fun things! One of the best things was going up the Eiffel tower on a really nice night. Then Wednesday we went to Grenoble. It was beautiful out and there were so many people out! We ate outside at a place here called place de la Grenette. Its a bunch of cafes where you can eat outside, and its very fun. We walked around town a little and then that night we went to visit my house and have dinner with my host family which was fun! Thursday was one of our best days, we hiked to the top of the mountain (where the Bastille is). It was tough but we made it and it was fun, we treated ourselves to some Haagen Dazs before going to get ready for our fancy dinner. We then took the telepherique (ski lift type thing) up to the Bastille and had a really fancy dinner at a really fancy restaurant. It was all good and beautiful looking down at the city with the lights and really fun. The next day we went back to Paris and visited the Louvre. Saturday mom, Madison and I went to Champs-Elysees to look at the shops while dad and Isaac went to the Catacombs. We then met back up at Mont Martre and went to the Sacre Coeur.

It was a fun and tiring trip!

This week I have just been catching up on school work...yesterday I went to a movie for 3.50 euros (it is this film festival going on right now). It was pretty funny. Today it was very nice out so I just walked around and explored town for the entire afternoon, sat at a cafe, ate a waffle- French life is good like that.

Friday I'm going to Geneva, Switzerland so I'm excited about that! Tomorrow I'm going to a creperie to eat crepes for dinner with some of my classmates!

A bientot!

3 comments:

  1. Salut, Brittan

    Je suis heureuse lire ton blog encore. Je n'ai su pas que tu vais à Genève. Le lac est beau. Les montres sont chères. Je rate les crêpes.

    Amuse-toi bien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I really do miss you Brittan...BUT...
    I met a friend at Panera this morning for coffee - yuck! Then went grocery shopping and bought a 'french baguette' as it said on the label. Tried making one of those baguette sandwiches like we had there, the baguetts's taste nothing like they did there. So, I'm really missing the coffee and the food! Enjoy your crepe tomorrow, Isaac asked me last night if we could make them for dinner? That sounds like so much work! So, keep posting pictures of your food and we'll live through you :) Love ya babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - I am totally slacking...So I will go back and post on each one so I dont really miss any. Like I said, you took too long to post so I never looked anymore! I see you are getting better. Thats good...miss u..

    ReplyDelete