Thursday, April 1, 2010

Off to Italy

Well, tomorrow at 4:30 in the morning I am leaving for Italy. I have to take a taxi to the bus station, a bus to the airport in Lyon, and then I will arrive in Rome about 9:00 am. I am planning to do a lot and it should be fun. I'm going with my friend Kimberly and then on Monday we are heading to Florence to visit our friend Sid who is studying there. I will be back Wednesday night, so probably won't blog for a while but will make up for it when I get back!

The past couple days I have just been getting ready and looking up what I want to do...if you have any suggestions write them in the comments. Today I went to a friend's apartment after class to eat lunch. She is Chinese and wanted to prepare a meal for a couple of us from class. It was pretty good there was egg/tomato things, peppers, and some soup with pig skin or something, I didn't eat that. I like food, but Chinese food isn't totally my thing, although it was pretty good and very fun.

I then came back to pack my bags and that is what I'm doing tonight and then going to bed early. I'm excited and hope it all goes smoothly!

See ya next week!

2 comments:

  1. Brittan,

    I am so excited for you. Be sure to see St. Peter's, the Sistine Chapel, the Trevi Fountain and the Colisseum in Roma. Firenze is fabulous--there is so much famous art and architecture. The Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo by Brunelleschi, the Baptistry doors by Ghiberti, David, the Pitti Palace and the Uffizi. It is a beautiful place. Sid will probably know all the important things to see. Watch your purse; don't drink the water.

    Have a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brittan - I saw on FB that you were back today so I figured I better hurry up and post something before the next one comes along...hint,hint, hint....I heard about the Pope- that is totally cool. I hope you had a great time. It has started storming season here and Jacy is in full force freak out mode. It is such a bummer. I think I would rather have to chase her away from wanting to chase storms instead of being so afraid. Today it is sunny and cooler. We have lots of fun things planned this weekend. We really missed you at Easter. I hope you are just having a great time. Miss you lots. Love always.

    ReplyDelete