Sunday, April 11, 2010

lots of pictures!

Italy Pictures:



Top of Duomo










Me on top of the dome in Florence


The Pope is up there





















Gelato..yummmm and the Colosseum
______________________________

Friday night I went to the faire (foire) in town. It is here for about three weeks (during spring break). It is a big fair and very similar to in America. They have rides and food and games. The carnival food was good and they have barbe a papa (papa's beard literally) which is cotton candy. They also had hotdogs and crepes and donuts with nutella and churros and lots of yummy food. The rides were also huge for carnival rides I though, but maybe I'm just used to smaller carnivals. It was a very fun night!

Saturday morning I woke up early and found out again that I could not go to Dijon. SO FRUSTRATING!!!! They were still striking and most of the trains were back up but not the ones going to Dijon. Tomorrow they are on strike again so I will be taking the bus to school...grrr. It turned out, however, to be a great day! A bunch of the people from my program brought a picnic to the Chateau de Vizille (we went there about a month ago but it snowed). It was a beautiful day, the gardens were very pretty, the flowers were coming out, the grass was green...it was a very fun day! We just got baguettes and cheese and nutella and strawberries and ate and laid around in the sun. It was an enjoyable day and is one of those things that I am going to remember for a long time and that I'm going be thinking after I go back home "I wish I could just have a picnic in the gardens of a castle".


Today it was nice again so we ate lunch outside and i worked on my homework pretty much all day. I have a lot to catch up on after missing a few days to go to Italy. In class we are writing resumes and letters of motivation, in French.


That's all! This week I'm going to hopefully be doing some fun things since my time is starting to
run out!

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I went to symphony today. Excellent music. We had very nice weather here, also.

    I'll go back to French again tomorrow when I have more time.

    I hope you get to go on that train near Grenoble in the mountains. I think it opened April 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the Duomo and the Colosseum. So who has better food -- the French or the Italians? We've enjoyed living vicariously through you. I think we've gained about ten pounds, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like the trip of a lifetime. I cannot believe all of the wonderful things you got to see. I am waiting impatiently for your return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi brit - I miss you. I am so glad you will be home soon. I hope American Food will not make you want to go back. You are a lucky girl. I wish you could be here for Jay's First Communion this Sunday. We have been busy. The girls started yoga tonight. They LOVE it. They have church tomorrow night and then multicultural night on Thursday and gymnastics. I am taking tomorrow off to get some things ready for this weekend. And, it was like 87 today so I am going to enjoy that a little as well. Still no new jobs for Jeff but he has had like 3 interviews this week. Jacy either has a terrible cold or terrible allergies. I hope she feels better soon. Her and Jeff have a campout this weekend and she is so excited about it. Ok well I need to get to bed. I joined Ferrels and I have to get up early! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete