Sunday, April 18, 2010

Beautiful spring days in France

Hello!

I went to Annecy yesterday, it was short and sweet. Because of the dumb strikes, there were many less trains going. We planned on having about 6 hours there, getting there about one and leaving at seven, but these trains were not running. The soonest we could get there was 2, and then the last train back was at 5. This was too bad because it was really beautiful, but I got to see all that I wanted to. There is a pretty lake, pretty town, a castle, mountians in the backgroud- pretty much about all you could ask for. The lake is the cleanest one in Europe I heard. If we would have haed more time I would have loved to rent a paddle boat or just hang out in the park- oh well. French people really know how to get good use out of their parks. There are always so many people laying around and playing sports- it seems they use them much more than Americans do.

Today I went to a market in Grenoble. It was really cool and big, I've never seen anything like it really in America. The one I went to had food, but mostly clothing and shoes and lots of random things you could think of. I went with a girl from my class, then we ate outside at a cafe. It is a beautiful day here so we tried to rent bikes after lunch, but there weren't any left- I guess everybody else had the same idea. This was really a bummer, it was really something I wanted to do. They close off the street by the river to cars on Sundays, it would have been really fun to ride a bike down there. Oh well.........
Overall, very good last weekend in Grenoble, the weather helped out a lot too! (next weekend I will be in Provence the entire weekend).
I have a lot planned for this week- shopping, eating fondue, going to caves of the Chartreuse (look it up if you don't know) going on a picnic with my class, maybe trying to rent a bike again, and I'm leaving on Friday for Provence.























Me eating my tartine

Okay gotta go


start my homework!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that all sounds so beautiful! Are you sure you'll be ready to come home...sounds like there is so much to do there! Miss you miss you.... have a great last week - exactly one week from tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salut, Brittan

    Mon ordinateur n'a marché pas hier. Aujourd'hui je vais enseigner à l'école. Les étudiants ont neuf ou dix ans. Nous allons faire des ruses avec les numbres.

    Une semaine, seulement! À bientôt!

    ReplyDelete